Wednesday, February 25, 2009

My new display



My current display of dolls needed revamping, so I took the time to rearrange some of my ladies today. Henry's wives are taking a short vacation, and instead, are being replaced by an assortment of white, gold and pastel pink ladies.

Starting on the left, my newest addition, Mrs. Coulter in Oxford Dinner (a real steal from Angelic Dreamz)--and her daemon monkey--from the Golden Compass. She is a limited edition doll, formerly only available through FAO Schwarz. I'll have to do a photo shoot with my real camera soon (these are iPhone shots), so you can see her great shoes and outfit! Next, the two sister Shaunas, Dreams and Sun-Kissed Sophisticate, Jane (the one wife who refused to go into her box), Sister Dreary dressed in Noel's angel costume, Abandoned Bride, Golden Stella dressed in Court Gown and Sydney as La Belle Mademoiselle.

Next, on my other shelf, I have the pink ladies. Sydney Panache is wearing a Franklin Mint dress (for Marilyn Monroe) from Gentleman Prefer Blondes, I believe (Diamonds are a girl's best friend!). Basic Joan (brunette) is wearing Mad About the Hat. Next is Cynders and Syndey on the Rocks wearing an 80s inspired OOAK outfit by Jen Eugley. Rapunzel is in the case, and is followed by the Snow Queen and Mademoiselle a la Mode Tyler.

That's my current display--I do need to take some individual shots of some of these girls--they've been pestering me for a while. But it sure does brighten my day to have my dolls around me in my everyday life. It just brings a tiny bit of beauty into my living room. And I'm old enough now so that if someone comes over and comments on them, well, that person doesn't to live here anyway!

2 comments:

We welcome your thoughtful, on-topic, and relevant comments. We'd love to start a discussion here.

Please note that links, off-topic, and irrelevant comments won't be published.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...