Sunday, April 26, 2009

Red Rabbit Misaki


Red Rabbit Misaki, originally uploaded by tac_stamper.

She's arrived!

It's my newest Fashion Royalty doll, from Japan. She arrived from Doll-Collectible. I ordered her on April 14, and she arrived 10 days later, April 24. That's pretty fast, I think, for an international order. I took advantage of a sale they were having (plus, if you sign up for their mailing list specials, you will get a coupon for savings to use at a later date). I have to say, I was impressed with their order updates--they told me when my order was being counted, packaged, then shipped. They seem very organized. I paid with Paypal.

So on to my doll. It's a Fashion Royalty Nippon Misaki doll called Red Rabbit. These dolls are not sold in the US. They are shorter than FR dolls, because they stand on hinged flat feet (not high heeled feet). Also, I think this is the body sculpt that Poppy Parker will be using--a slightly smaller bust and narrow hips.

Her outfit fits my Alice in Wonderland theme (she's the "white" rabbit with her pocket watch), in a gothic theme. Her outfit is wonderfully detailed, with an attached watch, chiffon sleeved blouse with pleats and buttons, and a pleated red skirt. I love her thigh-high stockings, too. Her corset-style belt buckles in three places, and the buckles work. I used tweezers to get her shoes on and real laces tied. The doll is very high quality--and she's wonderful. Check out the rest of her photo shoot on my Flickr album!

4 comments:

  1. I think this is the best Misaki ever! Congrats on getting her! Love your pics, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Susan! I like her, too. I have to say, though-I'm very tempted to get another Misaki! :) I ADORE these dolls. I wish they were sold here at a reasonable price!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never seen her before but I love your pictures. Makes me want to start collecting them, if only they were sold in North America.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much, Wendy.
    I also wish Misaki were sold in the US! I have found Doll-Collectible.com to be near-reasonable, especially when they have sales or reduced prices, plus their customer service is excellent. (You should get on their mailing list!)

    ReplyDelete

We welcome your thoughtful, on-topic, and relevant comments. We'd love to start a discussion here.

Please note that links, off-topic, and irrelevant comments won't be published.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...