Saturday, June 18, 2011

Fashion Play Barbie

Fashion Play Barbie by alington
Fashion Play Barbie, a photo by alington on Flickr.
From 1991, this is actually one of the harder-to-find pink box Steffie dolls. She's a Fashion Play Barbie, the brunette or "Hispanic" version. As you can see, her original purchase price from Phar-Mor was $4.47. If you can find this doll in the $20 range, consider yourself lucky! (I certainly do!)

The trick to finding these Fashion Play and Special Expressions dolls in NRFB condition (if you're wanting Steffie) is to look for Buy-It-Now new listings on eBay from sellers who don't realize that they've got a Steffie. Also try antique shops and other Barbie dealers, who might just happen to have some of these dolls on hand. Be aware that there are some versions of these dolls out there that are also the Hispanic or Teresa sculpt.

I realized yesterday that after posting that Steffie list, I've probably made my own search for these dolls a little harder. So... have I? Do I have any competition out there?

That being said--I'm going to post a little WTB: I'm looking for a VG to EX condition Talking Busy Steffie. It's OK if she's mute. Let me know if you have one to sell! Have a great weekend. And be good to your dads tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. Will be on the lookout for you in my travels. I am going to have a lot more time to treasure hunt! I'll let you know if I come across one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that is one of the Steffies I sent to you that I could not remember her original designation. Congrats on the NRFB find!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It may well be--though your girls had longer hair. The one you sent me with this kind of hair--I think--maybe have been a Tracy Bride doll instead. She is a lot like this one, only much more natural eye make up.

    ReplyDelete

We welcome your thoughtful, on-topic, and relevant comments. We'd love to start a discussion here.

Please note that links, off-topic, and irrelevant comments won't be published.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...