Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thankful IV

Well, looking through my photos of all of my lovely dolls, I came across a series of pics I took exactly a year ago today, which I called "Conan Logic."

I love reading Robert E. Howard's Conan stories, and while I was growing up, I collected Conan novels, as well as collections of short stories by various other writers. What I found the most interesting about these books, was the cover illustrations, painted by such great fantasy artists as Frank Frazetta and Boris Vallejo. Many times, the strong, hunky hero is shown standing over monster he has just vanquished, with a scantily clad lady on his arm. The funniest covers had to be the ones depicting deep winter conditions, with the hero wearing a loincloth and a bunch of pelts tied together as boots, while the scantily clad lady, usually a plucky escaped slave girl, lounged at his feet.

My point, and yes, there is one, is that I am glad there is no snow on the ground THIS year. In the meantime, please enjoy Steffanie (Blush and Bashful Sydney Chase) as the plucky escaped slave girl, looking for the hunky barbarian hero, an homage to the great cover illustrations of Messrs. Frazetta and Vallejo.

I am a plucky escaped slave girl! I do not want to be the Evil Dude's love toy!
Oh, no! The Evil Dude has sent his monster minion to bring me back and make me his love toy! Can no one save me?
Thank you, oh, thank you, hunky barbarian hero! Uh, do you have any brandy? I'm kinda chilly in this getup!
Here's hoping all of Fashion Doll Review's readers have a nice, warm and snuggly Thanksgiving! Or at least warmer than the one poor Steffanie had this time last year.

1 comment:

  1. Hello from Spain: Have a happy Thanksgiving Day. Very good photos. What the girl goes cold. I hope you give the brandy. We remain in contact blog blog

    ReplyDelete

We welcome your thoughtful, on-topic, and relevant comments. We'd love to start a discussion here.

Please note that links, off-topic, and irrelevant comments won't be published.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...