Sunday, February 5, 2012

Inspiration

Today, I received a purple helium balloon for an early birthday present. This, combined with the Pacific Northwest's unusually mild, sunny weather, combined to give me an idea for a cute little doll photo shoot.

It all started with the original designation of this particular doll - Pessimist in Purple Agnes Dreary, who has been renamed Winona in my collection. I belong to the Yahoo! group, Cheery About Agnes Dreary, and I have written up many adventures for Winona, so it just comes second nature to me to run with an idea when it comes to this particular doll.

The most important tip here is, if you get an idea for something for a good photo shoot with your dolls, run with it. You never know when an idea is going to strike, or the right lighting conditions, either.

Anyway, here are the pictures - I let my imagination run away with me, and I was pleasantly surprised when they turned out.

Captain Winona to tower, requesting clearance
Winona's dress is by my friend Nikki in Wales.

You don't have your pilot's license yet, kid.
Winona's daddy James (Captain Jack Sparrow) manages to catch his girl, and keep her anchored to the ground. I had to cheat a little to get the shot I wanted - the adult Tonner males aren't really strong enough to hold on as I wanted, so I have them sitting, and did a little cropping to try to maintain the illusion. One fine day, I WILL "get it."

Yep, that's my girl all right!
I love the naughty little twinkle Tonner caught so well with the Captain Jack Sparrow Character Figure - it works with such hyper kids as Winona and her "evil twin" Alex (Viktor Dreary).

Here's your GOTCHA kid!
Taken during the "Snowpocalypse!" of last month. Alex surprised his dad with a snowball. Dad is about to surprise Alex with an even bigger snowball.

1 comment:

  1. I love how your photos came out, Blue! I think these a perfect family photos--intimate and lovely--and that they really tell a story! Brava!

    ReplyDelete

We welcome your thoughtful, on-topic, and relevant comments. We'd love to start a discussion here.

Please note that links, off-topic, and irrelevant comments won't be published.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...