Thursday, August 15, 2013

Magia 2000 fashion show

Untitled by alington
Untitled, a photo by alington on Flickr.
The most amazing event at Barbie convention this year was the Magia 2000 fashion show. Sure, I'm giving myself away as a fan girl (again!), but I just can't help it. Glittering dolls with perfect repaints, hand embroidery, sequins, crystal, silk, satin, and chiffon--I go nuts!

Check out the rest of the photos on Flickr. Also, I have an additional set of the dolls.

Mario did the narration, and Gianni and Ibrahim Ismail (another talented designer) assisted with tray-passing the dolls down the runway. Special guest and OOAK collector Richard Simmons joined in as a doll-passer as well, about halfway through the show.

The collection was introduced as The Colours collection. There were 50 one-of-a-kind dolls introduced, plus an additional raffle doll and the pair of silent auction dolls as well.

Next year, I'll be sure to budget accordingly--I won't be leaving without one of these amazing pieces. Each one was really an amazing work of art. And did I mention: I could have listen to the descriptions (and speaker, Mario) all night? Simply mesmerizing.

1 comment:

We welcome your thoughtful, on-topic, and relevant comments. We'd love to start a discussion here.

Please note that links, off-topic, and irrelevant comments won't be published.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...